2. spent time with atula and yummiestars. just chilling and talking. so nice to be among comrades. sometimes i'm just in a downer for no reason. nothing like good company to chase the blues away. even just listening to conversation is therapeutic- you can focus on someone other than yourself. :) atula has a cool graphic design internship and yummiestars just got a substitute teaching gig. i'm so proud of all three of us, actually getting careers in our majors! >w<
3. my dad installed an air conditioner in the back of the house. B)
4. Don't remember if i mentioned that i borrowed Everything's Eventual from the library again. of all the times i borrowed this book i never finished reading all the stories. I'm starting by rereading my favorites. So far i've finished the book's name sake, and Little Sisters of Eluria. This collection is very diverse in topic and writing style (although the common theme is true to it's description " dark tales"). The writing really takes you away to another time and place. I haven't read for pleasure in a long time and i'm awestruck by what i've been missing in my life- adventure. I remember reading the Dark Tower series for the first time and feeling how influential the writing was. I actually convinced myself that there were beaches behind doors and the number 19 was everywhere [eventual] and I still believe it. after finishing Everything's Eventual, plan to read fight club (it's my favorite movie so i figure i should try the novel out. i already borrowed it from the library.) but then i think i will revisit more of mr. king. i'd like to reread hearts in atlantis before tackling dt7. i often reread dt 1-4 (convenient because i own them) and insomnia (i should probably just buy this book already, too) but i've never read bag of bones or the stand. and i understand these tie into the world of ka so i might as well read them. a daunting list of literature but there's no harm in trying.
5. i really want to get tattooed.
MUSIC DOUBLE FEATURE!
Stellastarr* -- Sweet Troubled Soul
The Comas -- Come My Sunshine
1. Besides plain, what’s your favorite way to eat an apple?
i have a great recipe for apple cake.
2. Besides plain, what’s your favorite way to eat berries?
strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar!
3. Besides plain, what’s your favorite way to eat a banana?
with plain rice krispies in milk.
4. Besides plain, what’s your favorite way to eat a peach?
the canned kind is good inside jello... heh.
5. Besides plain, what’s your favorite way to eat a pineapple?
grilled. but not necessarily grilled with sugar.
yey! you can finally purchase this song from itunes!* for a while it was not available!
support your favorite artists and buy music. :)
* the itunes version has a little bit sung by a female. :P different from the other times i heard it. but still good.
new header image [of me] by wildtwinkies.
hopefully will post the last couple of them tomorrow (if the wifi is working).
inception is making me dream crazy.
really want to watch that again.
been putting myself to sleep with lali puna and massive attack, recently.
also, when i'm using to stairs at work, i sing death to los campesinos (i swear it makes me walk faster... with a spring in my step) and when i get moody by myself i sing carpe diem (todor/emily).
on tuesday i went to the beach.
i am dying to go back already.
can't be away from the ocean for too long. :)
some really dry colonies (eikenella? P. Stuartzii? It wasn't
nisseria. What else grows really dry? My micro is slowly disappearing
from my mind) but I kept getting E. coli contamination. I was going
through all kinds of media trying to figure out what the bug was. I
think several days passed because I grew it up several times. Why oh
why can't I get away from the lab? :,D
Also, in my dream I was still living in my old house and I still had
my bunk bed. My friend, samantha came over and we were going to sleep
on the bunk bed but we were going to share the bottom and not use the
Sent with love from my iPod Touch.
i was so angry after work today, i punched the inside of my closet wall and ate sen-sen and study biology really really hard. my eyes were like laser beams on that book. i was playing Bring Me The Horizon songs and i even opened a new deck of cards (i was saving them for a bad day) to make myself feel better. and now i'm going to go sew some shit together (finishing my bon dance dress) and watch Fight Club because it just seems like a good idea.
good thing i have tuesday off. ò_____ó
i want this song.
unfortunately, you have to purchase the entire album to get it.
the album is the sountrack for Eclipse, the Twilight movie.
I'm not really interested in the other songs. :/
guess i'll just keep replaying the youtube video instead.
Went to sleep at 1:30 or somethibg last night. I remember the days of
staying up until 2 or 3 or 4 every day... Can't do it any more! Need
Yesterday I worked another eve shift. Was ok. Not particularly
exciting but not too boring either. Got stuck in the ER for a while.
Seems like the doc was ordering blood cultures on every person that
walked in there! Here's what happens:
1. It's 3pm. Orders come out, sean goes to draw.
2. More orders come out, I tube it to him.
3. Blood culture orders come out I tube it to him.
4. More blood cultures.
5. Orders x 2 come out
6. Sean comes back up. Then more orders come out. He goes back.
7. Blood culture orders come out
8. Sean comes back up, it's 530 and he has to clock out.
9. I go down to draw orders.
10. Nurse tells me there are more orders.
11. Lab tubes me down orders for a blood culture
12. I draw the first set of cultures and then more orders are sent
13. More blood cultures
14. More blood cultures
15. More blood cultures...
(did I mention that two of them were hard sticks?)
So at this point, the nurse drew one of the regular orders for me
since they were starting an IV (thank god) and I was missing from the
lab for, like, two hours so mike d. Came down to make sure I was still
alive so he drew two of the blood cultures and I drew one more set of
cultures and some regular orders and then we got the heck out of there
before we'd never leave. Good thing we had enough LAs to do 1630
After that, things slowed down considerably and we picked up the odd
draws and stocked (the frakking req checks were all done by 4pm!! So
crazy! There was NO paper work for us to do!) and talked about Lebron
James and the airport toxicology department (full of interesting
people, harhar) and where people worked after they left clh (grocery
stores, meadow gold, cardiac unit, etc.)
This morning's iPod random playlist:
1. Until morning by dashboard confessional
2. Our hell by emily haines and the soft skeleton
3. Skeleton by yeah yeah yeahs
4. Laissez tomber les filles by France gall
5. Osaka loop line by discovery
6. Heart of stone by the raveonettes
7. Jail la la by sum sum girls
8. Self control by the valentines
9. From the ground up by allister
10. Buddy holly by weezer
11. Hang em high by my chemical romance
Sent with love from my iPod Touch.
1. Help I'm alive (acoustic) by metric
2. Revolution by moth
3. Put me back together by weezer
4. Stars by switchfoot
5. Come by sunshine by the comas
6. Helena by by chemical romance
7. Cute without the 'e' (cut from the team) by taking back Sunday
8. Change your mind by the killers
9. Two of hearts cover by rizzo and pizzo
10. Dull life by yeah yeah yeahs
11. Little lover's so polite by silversun pickups
12. War torn by nicole atkins
13. Chain by school of seven bells
14. Endless summer on beaver island by zooey (ok this one is a little
weird, I admit. But it flows nicely after chain, I guess.)
15. Maps by yeah yeah yeahs
*yes, I've been listening for an hour. Waiting for my lab to start.*
16. Mostly waving by emily haines and the soft skeleton
17. El scorcho by weezer
18. Ithaca by cepia
This puts me in a good mood, even though I'm feeling so blah from
decongestiants. I really didn't want to be sick but my nose won't
stop running! :U
Yesterday I watched Yip Man 2. Was so good! The fights were amazing
and realistic (not over the top)! The cinematography was really good,
not too bloody or too dark or too fast to see. My only complaint is
one minute the wife is in labor and the next scene she is holding the
new baby. Haha! If only popping out kids was that easy! I also
watched it in Cantonese (with English subtitles) and was amazed I can
understand a few phrases. One of these days I will find time to finish
learning Chinese. :X
Last night I worked evening shift. Was good and slow, since it was a
holiday. I got to do a whole buck of chem stuff so I can be checked
off. I don't know if georgene is going to like that, haha. She likes
the whole, complete, nice and tidy training but mike lau just signed
me off on a whole crapload of stuff because he said I know how to do
it from my student training.
Anyway, guess I'm off to class now.
Don't call me, loves. Left my phone at home today. :)
Sent with love from my iPod Touch.
INSTANT TIME MACHINE!
- ► 2017 (9)
- ► 2016 (36)
- ► 2015 (51)
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (62)
- ► 2012 (46)
- ► 2011 (71)
- ▼ July 2010 (9)
- ► 2009 (391)