Went to sleep at 1:30 or somethibg last night. I remember the days of
staying up until 2 or 3 or 4 every day... Can't do it any more! Need
Yesterday I worked another eve shift. Was ok. Not particularly
exciting but not too boring either. Got stuck in the ER for a while.
Seems like the doc was ordering blood cultures on every person that
walked in there! Here's what happens:
1. It's 3pm. Orders come out, sean goes to draw.
2. More orders come out, I tube it to him.
3. Blood culture orders come out I tube it to him.
4. More blood cultures.
5. Orders x 2 come out
6. Sean comes back up. Then more orders come out. He goes back.
7. Blood culture orders come out
8. Sean comes back up, it's 530 and he has to clock out.
9. I go down to draw orders.
10. Nurse tells me there are more orders.
11. Lab tubes me down orders for a blood culture
12. I draw the first set of cultures and then more orders are sent
13. More blood cultures
14. More blood cultures
15. More blood cultures...
(did I mention that two of them were hard sticks?)
So at this point, the nurse drew one of the regular orders for me
since they were starting an IV (thank god) and I was missing from the
lab for, like, two hours so mike d. Came down to make sure I was still
alive so he drew two of the blood cultures and I drew one more set of
cultures and some regular orders and then we got the heck out of there
before we'd never leave. Good thing we had enough LAs to do 1630
After that, things slowed down considerably and we picked up the odd
draws and stocked (the frakking req checks were all done by 4pm!! So
crazy! There was NO paper work for us to do!) and talked about Lebron
James and the airport toxicology department (full of interesting
people, harhar) and where people worked after they left clh (grocery
stores, meadow gold, cardiac unit, etc.)
This morning's iPod random playlist:
1. Until morning by dashboard confessional
2. Our hell by emily haines and the soft skeleton
3. Skeleton by yeah yeah yeahs
4. Laissez tomber les filles by France gall
5. Osaka loop line by discovery
6. Heart of stone by the raveonettes
7. Jail la la by sum sum girls
8. Self control by the valentines
9. From the ground up by allister
10. Buddy holly by weezer
11. Hang em high by my chemical romance
Sent with love from my iPod Touch.