here's my friday5! you can answer for yourself or see others' answers here: http://f.riday5.com/?p=736
- When did you last find yourself in a real hurry?
yesterday morning, i was helping my dad crunch some numbers- something we are both bad at. percents? profits? food cost? portion size? augggggh... i thought we were going to spend 20' figuring out an equation to use, but we took 2º! i had to interrupt and ask him to drop me off at my lab meeting cuz i missed the bus and was about to be late...
- Often, when we’re in a hurry, we make stupid mistakes. What’s an example from your life that supports this, and what do you do to prevent such things from happening again?
have you ever seen the "gun" that puts the plastic tag strip into clothes? we have one at work in blood bank, we put tags on units that are allocated to patients. so, looking at the picture there is an obviously really pointy side... it punctures clothes (or in the case of blood bank, plastic) so that it can send the tag strip through. and i remember on the first day my coworker was like, "here's how to use it, do it like this and watch out for your fingers... etc. etc." and my thought was well, that thing is so huge and obvious how could you poke your finger with it?! pshhhh, sho does that?
flash forward a year or two and a doctor in ER is screaming though the phone DO YOU HAVE MY UNITS READY I NEED IT NAO KTHXBAI!!!!!!!!!1!11!!! i'm trying to hurry up and match all the right tags to the right unit numbers and fill out the paper work for emergency release and i'm tagging as fast as i can...
oopsies... i forgot that when you have a sharp pointy and you puncture something, you should not have your finger behind it...
- Why are some people so loud in places where quieter voices are usually appropriate, such as this cafe that’s closing in a couple of minutes, where these high-schoolers are being so loud it’s difficult for me to write these questions?
sometimes volume escalates as excitement escalates.
- How’s 2013 treating you so far?
i had a really great new year party which i will blog about next time...
- Are you more of a December person or a January person? What does this mean, anyway, and why are you whatever you are?
i'd rather spend decemberunderground ;)
(and now you understand the origin of my december bunny... )