1. tues night/weds morning was the first in a long time that everything went ok. after the network outage fiasco, then the water, then the chemistry "wash valve 2" error, then the over time i put in, and just the general busy period... it was amazing that everything went ok! i even had daily AND weekly maintenance to do and i didn't care, because i was so glad to not have any unexpected errors! oh, and also i had to recalibrate one of our drugs (i was in chemistry, btw) and i still was unphased. the last two weeks of work was really the shittiest time... everyday i'd have to clock in and go "what's broken or what did we run out of?". so everything is back to normal now and i was in a super good mood when i got off in the morning.
2. we had a super heavy morning rounds but because everything was in good order we finished morning rounds on time! i set my am relief crew up for success and clocked out exactly on time and caught the earlier bus home! so i got home 15' earlier! awesome. this let me study for ochem quiz 15' extra minutes...
3. i ended up studying 30' extra minutes and was so convinced i was going to be late for class!!! i got on a later bus than usual. so i got on a *different* transfer bus in downtown than usual... and some how i got to school *EARLIER* than if i had taken the earlier bus from home?! i don't really know how this is even possible!?!! but i will test this out again and if it works, i can leave the house 15' later and still get to class on time!
4. i was already in a good mood. and i studied. so i aced that ochem quiz! IN YOUR FACE DIELS ALDER REACTION!!1!!!1!1!!!!!
diels-alder I: mechanism:
5. i treated myself to lunch at 220 grille. i had the braised short ribs. - w - soooooo delicious! a good size portion of meat that was fork tender. had a demi-glaze on the meat (the description says bernaise sauce but it was most definitely NOT a bernaise sauce. maybe the description is reffering to the sauce on the mash potatoes?); an asparagus, carrot, hamakua mushroom sautee; and kale and bacon mashed potatoes. for $8 you can't go wrong. it was so good, i would have paid more than $8 for this in a real restaurant. props to the students who prepared it, so delicious!!!! i always encourage people to eat at 220:
- it helps the culinary students
- the food is fucking delicious
- you don't have to dress up like at ka'ikena dining room (but the food at ka'ikena is also amazeballs and if you ever get a chance to go down there... esp for the dessert buffet on friday nights...)
- good portions and good prices
6. went up to leahi after lunch. had a good training session with the new recruits. hopefully i can pass off some experiment duties so i'm not in the lab 5x a week. then took care of some business i've been putting off for a while- picked up new bus pass, talked with my research professors (came to some constructive conclusions), & checked on my inbre status.
7. on hte bus home, i txt my sister to see if she still wanted to meet me at ala moana but she said no. when i got home, i decided not to waste my energy and happiness high so i went for a bike ride around pauoa valley. :)
8. i got home and was approaching my 21st hour of wakefulness. decided to make good on my promise to not stay up for 24º again since i was did almot everything i wanted to do today... when @yummiestars sent me a message! she was going to ala moana!! yey girls night out and i get to go shopping- the one thing i didn't accomplish today! it was a serendipitous excursion. i found some way cool boots for $15, nike shoes for $30 and a cute tiny necklace for $3. don't judge me. shopping is my weakness. -__-
9. and then we got $1 ice cream cones form mcdonalds. best. dinner. ever.
10. got home and crashed after the best day ever. :D