- this morning on the news i saw the temperature in denver is 25ºF.
dear weather gods, i would really like it to be a minimum of 50ºF in one month. ideally, 70º would be great. pretty please!? hawaii girl can't handle cold weather!
- next week fri i will work on monoclonals against burkholderia. i hope i don't mess things up; haven't done a fusion in... three years? mice that have been immunized for months will be sacrificed, this is not something you can "oops, try again" with.
- today i started the minions on a new project that is an intro to PCR and recombinant DNA. i used some parts of a kit- brand new, never opened- but several years old. :/ i noticed some of the reagents were of questionable quality... i hope everything we want grows and contaminants don't grow. how disappointing if their first project is a failure after only 1hr of hands on lab time!
- i am transferring to UH (finally) (again) and even though i have senior status i can't register until august. :( transfer students- even in the UH system, even if they have continuously taken classes at CC (i've NEVER taken a semester off)- are considered new students and have to pick classes last! TOTAL BS. i hope the classes i need are still available.
- i used all my spare bike tubes. if i get a flat somewhere, i am screwed.
- influenza type A viruses. nuff said.
i worry a lot. and that's just the tip of the ice berg...