- The motto of the Brownies is “Lend a hand.” If this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be?
my former coworker, Mike L., one of the hardest working people i know and would help out in any section if you needed help... and always with a good attitude! i never forget those who lend a hand... i miss his bring it on battle cry!
- The motto of the Olympic Games is “Citius, Altius, Fortius” (“Higher, Faster, Stronger”). If this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be?
^ congrats on your $30k scholarship, you've really earned it!!
^ this little chica is a soccer and cross country star already... not to mention straight As!
- I don’t think it’s a motto, but Apple, Inc.’s tagline for some time has been “Think different.” Grammatical iffiness aside, if this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be?
^ our last picture together was 2010, it's been too long!
- Here are some food-related marketing slogans: “The incredible, edible egg.” “Beef: It’s what’s for dinner.” “Got milk?” What would be a cool marketing slogan for something you’ve eaten in the past twenty-four hours that doesn’t already have one?
i've heard recently from antony bourdain "food is feces in waiting". i love that! molecular gastronomy... it's cool, it's neat. gold leaf and sculpted chocolates. foams and flavored dusts. it's all novel and luxurious... but in the end... it's still food. food is feces in waiting. so cut the B.S. and just give me something delicious.
recently, i haven't had an lakerol salmiak (or any other flavor of lakerol, for that matter) because it's hard to come by in hawaii. but i remember when i first had lakerol salvi and i began to hunt for the other flavors, i came across this blog and his description- which is spot on- never left me.
These things would probably be quite good for you if you are an oral masochist with hypertension. With regard to its taste-appeal, possibly the same effect is at play here as with American salt water taffy, but Salmiak Liquorice is the very antithesis of salt water taffy – a dark, introverted, miserable Ingmar-Bermanesque plague victim to the American product’s blue-eyed farm boy.
Eventually, sadly, the liquorice softens and melts away; your tongue is left moderately darker. Your breath smells faintly like floor wax, and you feel like something is missing from your life. …and then you want another one.
- Here is a very long list of cool Latin phrases. Which will you adopt as your personal motto for the upcoming week?
booooo, scrivener! you already picked my favorite- ad astra per alia porci- which is the motto of john steinbeck (to the stars on the wings of a pig... and he also had a little logo of "pigasus". i also happen to know that he considered himself a "lumbering soul trying to fly"). after that, i usually defer to carpe noctem (not only because of my work but i think of it as meaning to make use of ALL of your time, not just the day!) or cerca trova (because if you want to find what you are looking for... you must seek it for yourself!). but since i have been presented with such a long, lovely list, full of phrases i've never heard of i will pick something totally new to me:
scio me nihil scire
and now off to colorado to hang out with microbiologists, brb!