- How do you like to be treated when you’re feeling really sick?
please don't feed me! everyone is like, eat this jook! drink this orange juice! have this banana! if i'm sick enough to be "really sick" i usually don't want anything to do with food, less it come back out!
- What’s something you do when you’re really sick that doesn’t make any sense or defies conventional wisdom?
i sit on the floor in the bathroom. which i frown upon, as a person who studies bacteria, in everyday life. seriously, folks, don't be putting your face near the floor near the toilet. i also try to cut back on coffee but that doesn't usually end successfully.
- When was the last time you were out of commission for an extended time?
in 2012, (while i was on a planned vacation from work, thankfully) i was stuck on the sofa for a week from back injury. i am still unsure of the cause, but i have a feeling it was from carrying my bicycle into the back of a pick up truck. *weak noodle arms*
- What’s the most unusual diagnosis you’ve had for an illness, if you don’t mind my asking?
i haven't had unusual illnesses. so instead i will give you an interesting factoid, i seroconverted for campylobacter but i'm *pretty sure* i didn't ingest it. however i am almost positive i got food poisoning from ward genki sushi.
- When you feel you’re about to come down with something awful, what steps do you take to beat it back?
first sign of throat scratchies or sniffles, i double the amount of water i drink and take cetirizine ea 24hrs. for nausea i take ginger pills. and everything else... mind over matter or let immunology do it's work!
IT'S ALWAYS BETTER ON HOLIDAY! IT'S ALWAYS BETTER ON HOLIDAY!
THAT'S WHY WE ONLY WORK WHEN WE NEED THE MONEY!
i can't stop singing franz ferdinand this weekend! can you believe this album is 10 years old? still holds up. :D