other ways you know your friends are cool: https://twitter.com/synonyme/status/472596164005482496
nothing else interesting to say.
aerial training all weekend. (we now have matching costumes and food sponsors and UV lights and everything- this event is getting real, guys.) i bought one of those big bouncy exercise balls from ross ($7, i couldn't resist) so now i can only watch tv if i'm doing pike ups or side crunches. maybe. also, it's fun to just sit on it and bounce.
pike ups and other exercises: http://experiencelife.com/article/abs-defined/
have you seen the trailer for the tv programme Houdini?
"what is your fear?"
I AM SO EXCITED!!
i know a little about houdini from the CARC, i hope history channel will share even more of his intriguing life story!
some reasons i like houdini:
1) he wasn't the best magician but he had the confidence, fan fare, and stage presence to make himself memorable!
2) he was anti-fortune teller! he thought people were being tricked (and they were!) by swindlers claiming to be mediums and fortune tellers. but he didn't just scoff at the so called seances. he actively fought to have them banned.
3) he would try to disprove said tricks by having his wife go to seances after he died. they agreed he would contact her by code if it was possible to actually communicate with the dead. alas, after 10 years, no contact was made.
4) houdini kept good company. h.p. lovecraft, harry kellar, howard thurston, dai vernon. also, arthur conan doyle was his frenemy.
5) he invented (and patented) many famous escapes and props!
"failure means a drowning death!"
i super like this dress:
found some alternatives in case you dig this look too:
something to listen to from 2009 :D