(i don't have instagram but if you do, you might search #gatsbystraub for an idea of what it was like)
thanks to the instruction of Ms. Coffee Sunday, I managed to look like a nice person with makeup and stuff. since she dedicated a post to me, i'm returning the favor here!
this is the stuff i used
- liquid eyeliner from Faceshop (i have so much black eyeliner, this was just the first one i grabbed)
- Falsies flared mascara (because i don't curl my eyelashes)
- kat von d beethoven palette (my favorite palette)
- a brush from target (because that's the only one i have)
- kat von d hell bent (because i don't get to wear red lipstick often enough in regular life)
and a before shot:
(back lit, hand held, wide angle, SORRY FOR ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHY SINS!)
additional challenge: i have one double eyelid and one single so making things look balanced means putting more make up on one side of your face than the other, haha.
and then i went with the darkest purple:
then i went over everything with the gray-ish purple:
(hard to tell, i guess i should have squinted again)
mascara, lipstick and headband!
please check her blog for more tips, color swatches, humor, rants, outfits, cute
pre-party (a.k.a. ignoring stares while riding TheBus) music:
Anakin sounds awesome! full album coming to no sleep records in 2015 !!!
i also had a sweater because the top half of this dress is too scandalous and i couldn't wear those heels besides for this photo due to my left toe injury. and don't ask how much the dress was. it was sort of a birthday splurge for myself and fuck if the laboratory wasn't going to be the most well dressed, bad-ass
bitches department of the whole hospital party.
* bling ! *